Back pain is a common condition, and its symptoms can vary depending on the cause. The pain may be described as dull, sharp, throbbing, stabbing, aching, or searing. It can be constant or it may come and go or worsen with exercise or prolonged sitting. The occasional back spasm that feels like mild cramping is something many people experience from time to time. In addition to natural remedies and home treatments, there are several things you can try that could temporarily relieve your symptoms for an event or help ease ongoing chronic pain.
Back pain is a common problem for people of all ages, and it can be difficult to diagnose. Most conditions that cause back pain are treatable, but the earlier you seek treatment from the best chiropractor Alderwood, the greater chance you have at a successful outcome.
5 Common Causes of Back Pain and Simple Solutions:
- Stress. Stress can lead to muscle strain or overuse injury. It can also cause inflammation in your back, neck, shoulders or arms. To prevent chronic pain from stress, try taking some deep breaths every day, exercise regularly and get a chiropractic therapy Alderwood.
- Bruises. When you get hit in the body, especially by something hard like a baseball or hockey puck, you might suffer a bruise. A bruise indicates an injury that’s close to the site of impact — either an overuse injury or direct impact with a hard object. If it lasts more than a few days, see your doctor immediately because you could have nerve damage or a fracture.
- Muscle strain. Muscle strain occurs when there’s damage to one or more of the muscles that make up your back or abdomen (lumbar disc herniation). It’s usually caused by lifting something heavy too fast or repetitively working. Changes to work practices and equipment often can eliminate or substantially reduce injury risk.
- Poor posture. If you’re slouching or hunching over at your desk all day, this can lead to back pain. So can spending too much time on your computer or in the car.
- Exercising too much. When you start a new exercise routine, it helps tremendously to build up slowly so your body doesn’t get hurt from overexertion. And if you have chronic injuries or arthritis in your lower back, don’t work out unless you’ve consulted a doctor first.
The most obvious cause of back pain comes from certain physical movements that place excess stress on your back, such as lifting heavy objects, bending improperly, or engaging in other strenuous tasks. In addition, certain medical conditions can contribute to back pain at any point in your life. These include kidney problems, cardiac problems, the side effects from specific types of medications, osteoarthritis, degenerative spine disease, injury to the spinal cord and muscles, bone spurs or tumors.
Despite the fact that back pain is common and can be debilitating, it is rarely a serious condition. Chiropractic therapy can help alleviate 90 percent of all cases of lower back pain. It’s also important to have regular checkups to make sure your back stays healthy. Seeing a chiropractor for lower back pain in Alderwood can help you stay up to date on the best ways to take care of your back. Looking for the best chiropractor? Contact Back to Action Chiropractic Clinic today at (425) 670-2600. Dr. JErry Dreessen can assist in getting you back on the right path towards an active lifestyle again. To know more about him, visit his website at https://www.backtoaction.com/